Do you have trouble sleeping?
Can you put your phone or other devices down for at least an hour?
Well if you are having problems like this you might need to unplug. Over the year research has come out the shows being connect as much as we are is not good for us. Here are a few articles to read about some of the possible effects.
The other thing is, do you have a TV in the bed room? If so that might be part of the problem of not being about to sleep. If you leave the TV on when you sleep It might be throwing off your internal Sleep Clock because the TV gives off the same light as the sun. which may be telling your body it is not time to sleep. The link below is some interesting research about light as well as cold and what it does and can do to the human body.
Eating and drinking before you got to bed. Just for general health you should not eat right before you go to bed. You should try and eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed and try to limit the Carbs with your dinner.
You should avoid drinking anything with Caffeine in it before you are ready to go to bed.
So here are a few ideas to help.
- When you are ready to go to bed go for a short walk and leave your phone at home if you want to listen to some soothing music and you have to take the phone put it in Airplane mode that will shut off the WIFI and Cell Services and only leave the phone on so you can listen. Try to avoid using a streaming service like Pandora.
- When you going to be Turn of the TV if you have one in the room about 10 to 15 mins before bed. Use a soft light next to the bed (make sure is it is a low wattage and soft light.
- If you charge your phone or devices next to your bed. Try moving them the bathroom or the hallway. If you cannot do that put them as far away for you as you can in the room.
- Another thing that might help is to put on some soft soothing music on a low volume when you go to bed.
- Stop using your devices at least 30 mins before you go to bed. Put them in a place outside of the bedroom to charge, the best thing is to turn them off.
I hope that these few things help you to unplug and get better sleep.
Here is some more great info on Sleepless nights from AstralandOpal.com the Blog post is