This is a great dish and if you do not make it with rice or a potato then it is a Whole30 / Paleo Meal. So we do have a little help in cooking the meat that makes it better we have a Traeger Grill which is a combo of Smoker and a BBQ. It adds great flavor to what you are cooking and it is all most a put the meat in and forget it. The dish was served with a Grill bell peppers, grilled Asparagus, a salad and Rice Pilaf. For dessert we had just mixed fruit with chopped mint, lime juice and topped with whipped cream and chopped mint.
For the meat:
- 1 2-2½ pound Tri-Tip steak**
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (Normally I use fresh rosemary, but it tends to burn on the grill, so I prefer the dried for this recipe.)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Olive Oil (to coat the tri-tip)
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Rub the tri-tip with olive oil.
- Then rub in the spice mix let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Start the Traeger Grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4-5 minutes). let pre heat (10-12 minutes)
- Remove meat from fridge and place on preheated grill fat side up cook for 30 minutes on smoke.
- Turn the Grill up to 350 and cook for about 45 to 60 mins or until the or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 135 degrees F.
- Take the meat off the grill rap loosely in tin foil and let rest for 15 mins before carving.
- 1 bunch of cilantro (some stems ok)
- 1 bunch of parsley (some stems ok)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and blended. That is it.