We had some leftover Cod and decided to try something new. We used a Caribbean Chicken recipe that we had. It turned out great. We paired it with a Mojito Fruit Salad leftover from lunch. (recipe at the bottom). We hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 4 6oz cod filets
- Olive Oil
Rub / Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon Ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Cilantro
- Salt and pepper
For the Rub/Seasoning
Mix all the spices together in a bowl and set aside
Preparing the fish
About 30 mins before cooking rub the fish with olive oil on both side then coat with the seasoning. Put in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Cod in Oven
- Per-Heat oven to 450°F.
- Coat oven safe pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Place cod in pan.
- Roast 5-7 minutes until opaque.
Cooking Cod in a Frying Pan
- Add Olive Oil (or coconut oil) to the pan.
- Make sure the pan is hot before adding the fish
- Cook about 3 to 4 mins on one side then flip
- Cook until opaque should be about another 3 to 5 mins
Cooking Cod on the Grill
- Heat the Gill to medium/high heat
- We us a Grill Mat to make sure the fish does not fall in the Grill
- Grill the fish for about 6 to 8 mins Flipping it once the fish should be opaque and starting to fall apart.
Mojito Fruit Salad
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 5 Kiwis
- 1 Honeydew Melon
- 1/2lb Green Grapes
- 2 Limes
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint
- Cut all of your fruit into bite sized pieces.
- use a melon baller for the honeydew. Also I suggest cutting up your apples last because the longer they sit with their flesh exposed the browner they will get.
- cutting the grapes in half is a nice touch
- Once all of your fruit is ready to go mix the juice from both limes with the chopped mint. Pour lime/mint mixture all over your fruit and lightly toss to combine everything